There are different health conditions where medical marijuana can be used. If you are in Illinois, you need not fear that this treatment is not legal. It is legal to use medical marijuana in Illinois, though there are certain restrictions on its use and growth. Once the regulations are followed, there will not be any problems in the use of this medication.
Some of the conditions or diseases where medical marijuana is used in Illinois are listed here:
1. Cancer: The use of medical marijuana in the treatment of cancer is very popular. There are several benefits of using this medicine in the treatment of cancer. It helps in reducing the severity of the disease by preventing the spread of cancer to other parts of the body. The medical marijuana also helps in reducing the size of the cancer cells and sometimes helps in completely getting rid of the disease.
2. Epilepsy: Medical marijuana is helpful both in childhood epilepsy as well as adult epilepsy. When a person suffers from epilepsy, there are fast signals from the brain that cause the muscles in the body to contract repeatedly. This fast release of impulses from the brain is controlled by the use of medical marijuana. So, if you would like to get rid of repeated seizures, use of medical marijuana is indicated.
3. Asthma: Asthma is a disease where there is decreased size of the bronchus as well as the other tissues. This leads to decreased air entry into the lungs and ultimately causes breathing difficulty. When the cannabis is consumed, it helps as an anti spasmodic drug and gets rid of asthma.
4. Multiple sclerosis: Multiple sclerosis is mainly a nervous system and muscle related disease. The disease affects the nervous system by causing damage to the brain tissue. The brain functions are enhanced by medical marijuana and the degenerative changes are also arrested. So, it is a very effective drug to use in the treatment of chronic diseases like multiple sclerosis.
5. Depression: Since medical marijuana is able to effectively treat various chronic diseases, it was also tried on those who suffered from depression. It was found that the depression in those affected was overcome quite easily. The different strains of marijuana were able to give a boost to the brain and it helped patients to feel a high. This effect effectively countered the depression, which used to cause a low feeling in patients.
These are the top 5 diseases that are treated with medical marijuana in Illinois.