There are different health conditions where medical marijuana can be used. If you are in Illinois, you need not fear that this treatment is not legal. It is legal to use medical marijuana in Illinois, though there are certain restrictions on its use and growth. Once the regulations are followed, there will not be any problems in the use of this medication.
Some of the conditions or diseases where medical marijuana is used in Illinois are listed here:
1. Cancer: The use of medical marijuana in the treatment of cancer is very popular. There are several benefits of using this medicine in the treatment of cancer. It helps in reducing the severity of the disease by preventing the spread of cancer to other parts of the body. The medical marijuana also helps in reducing the size of the cancer cells and sometimes helps in completely getting rid of the disease.
2. Epilepsy: Medical marijuana is helpful both in childhood epilepsy as well as adult epilepsy. When a person suffers from epilepsy, there are fast signals from the brain that cause the muscles in the body to contract repeatedly. This fast release of impulses from the brain is controlled by the use of medical marijuana. So, if you would like to get rid of repeated seizures, use of medical marijuana is indicated.
3. Asthma: Asthma is a disease where there is decreased size of the bronchus as well as the other tissues. This leads to decreased air entry into the lungs and ultimately causes breathing difficulty. When the cannabis is consumed, it helps as an anti spasmodic drug and gets rid of asthma.
4. Multiple sclerosis: Multiple sclerosis is mainly a nervous system and muscle related disease. The disease affects the nervous system by causing damage to the brain tissue. The brain functions are enhanced by medical marijuana and the degenerative changes are also arrested. So, it is a very effective drug to use in the treatment of chronic diseases like multiple sclerosis.
5. Depression: Since medical marijuana is able to effectively treat various chronic diseases, it was also tried on those who suffered from depression. It was found that the depression in those affected was overcome quite easily. The different strains of marijuana were able to give a boost to the brain and it helped patients to feel a high. This effect effectively countered the depression, which used to cause a low feeling in patients.
Sometimes you can buy marijuana for example in holland here is great domain that you can find weed seeds for sale for great resultes. read here about last offers
Medical marijuana is a unique drug because it has been demonized for many years and suddenly it is being deified! It is a drug that has been used by people to abuse the body. It does lead to various complications if used without control. The truth is most of the medical drugs that are used in the treatment of diseases can cause similar if not more severe complications, if they are used in huge doses. Medical marijuana is not only used in the treatment of diseases in seniors, but it is also used in the treatment of various conditions affecting kids. Using this drug in treatment of various diseases will help the sick kids to get up and start their routine life.
When their kids suffer from severe pain or other complications caused by diseases, parents would give anything to get rid of these symptoms and complications. Medical marijuana is one such miracle drug that has helped in the treatment of several serious diseases with severe complications.
Diseases in kids where medical marijuana is useful:
1. Painful conditions: There are several painful conditions which can be treated with the medical marijuana. Pain can be controlled effectively with this medication, if it is used in small doses. Painful conditions can include those where there is external pain in the limbs and those diseases where there is internal pain in the various organs.
2. Juvenile arthritis: Juvenile arthritis is seen in kids and adolescents. It is characterized by pain and inflammation of joints. This can be treated effectively and even cured when treated with medical marijuana.
3. Epilepsy: Epilepsyis a condition where there is spasmodic contraction of several muscles. This is caused by repeated signals from the brain that is abnormal. Medical marijuana normalizes the brain signals and reduces the severity and frequency of seizures. Even severe forms of epilepsy are treated with this wonder drug.
4. Chronic diseases of the bowel: Bowel diseases that cause severe diarrhea and intestinal problems can also be treated with medical marijuana. This drug helps in the treatment of intestinal problems, abdominal pain and diarrhea. Even infections of the gut that leads to diarrhea can be treated with medical marijuana. So, medical marijuana is very effective in the treatment of several chronic diseases of the bowel.
5. Cerebral palsy: Cerebral palsy is a condition where there is damage to the brain due to birth trauma or due to other causes. Kids with cerebral palsy usually suffer from severe spasm in the muscles. This kind of spasticity of the muscles can be relieved effectively with the use of medical marijuana.
The use of medical marijuana in the treatment for rheumatoid arthritis has been gathering storm over the past many years. This is because of the effectiveness of this herbal therapy on many chronic diseases. The problem with chronic diseases is that they cannot be treated easily and they do not respond to the common treatments that are used. They need some unique drug that is extraordinary in its effectiveness. One such medication that is commonly used these days is medical marijuana. There have been many researches done on the effectiveness of this medicine on rheumatoid arthritis. One of the studies was done in University of Toronto and Dalhousie University in Halifax, where a review of 18 different clinical trials was done. These trials had included about 766 patients with rheumatoid arthritis and the studies were conducted between the years 2003 and 2010. The research results showed that the use of medical marijuana in the treatment of this chronic condition was very effective in most of the affected people.
The other positive comments were from Kathryn Cunningham, Ph.D., who is currently the director of Center for Addiction Research, which is present in the University of Texas Medical Branch, in Galveston. She has also researched the effectiveness of medical marijuana in rheumatoid arthritis and has found that it is effective.
Medical marijuana helps arthritic patients in the following ways:
1. Reduces pain: Pain is one of the most serious problems faced by those who suffer from rheumatoid arthritis. This is a problem that not only nags the patient, but it also causes the person to suffer continuously. It prevents the individual from participating in any meaningful activity. The use of medical marijuana helps in getting rid of chronic pain.
2. Reduces inflammation: Inflammation reduction is the other important benefit of using medical marijuana. It helps in reducing generalized inflammation as well as specific inflammation in some parts of the body. Marijuana is highly effective against arthritic inflammation. Since arthritis actually means inflammation of the joints, medical marijuana is very effective in reducing the inflammation in this chronic disease.
3. Reduces depression: The presence of depression in many of those affected by rheumatoid arthritis has been shown in research studies. Marijuana helps in getting rid of depression, anxiety and stress. The THC that is present in the marijuana helps to provide a better mood and thus prevents and overcomes depression.
These are the many ways in which marijuana effectively fights against the various symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis.